EXPANDING GATE & COMPACT EXPANDING GATE
The M & J Valve expanding gate valve model EG valve provides a superior bi-directional mechanical seal because the two-piece gate assembly expands against the seating areas in the open or closed position. The greater the torque, the tighter the seal. The end result is an extremely heat resistant seal that is unaffected by line pressure or vibration.
The M&J Expanding Gate Valve is a round body cast steel valve with a thru conduit in the open position and is normally manufactured in class 600 & higher. The M&J Compact Expanding Gate Valve is a full opening non-thru-conduit design utilizing the proven features of the M&J Cast Expanding Gate Valve and the M&J M303 Fabricated Slab Gate Valve.
- Expanding gate forms tight positive mechanical seal
- Double block and bleed capabilities
- Seals at low and high line pressure
- Seat faces are outside the flow stream in the fully open or closed position considerably extending seal life
- Sealant injection fittings available for emergency situations
- Bonnet to body and yoke tube to bonnet connection secured by dual seal
- Thermal relief provided as standard with optional by-pass system for fugitive emission control
Our inventory includes a wide range of selections
- Expanding Gate sizes range from 3"-36"
- ASME Class 150-900
- Compact Expanding Gate sizes range from 12"-36"
- ASME Class 150